Pet care providers will be required to travel to clients’ homes to perform tasks outlined by the client or supervisor. This will typically include walking the dogs in the neighborhood, backyard play time, and/or feeding the pets within the home.
- Walk dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments, up to 3 at a time.
- Provide affection and play to dogs, cats, and small animals.
- Perform wellness checks on each animal in the home and relay any concerns to the pet owner or supervisor.
- Feed animals.
- Refresh water.
- Administer oral or topical medications as needed.
- Pick up pet waste.
- Scoop litter boxes.
- Clean up any accidents in the home.
- Clean small animal or reptile cages.
- Bring in mail.
- Water indoor or outdoor plants.
- Take out and bring in trash cans.
- Communicate with the pet owner about each visit via text message, email journal, or hand written note as specified by the client.
- Handle check payments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- You must be available Monday-Friday from 10am to 3pm. Additional hours are available but not required.
- Must live within one of our listed services areas.
- Must love animals of all shapes and sizes.
- Must be physically capable of handling dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
- Must have above average knowledge of dog behavior and body language, and be able to interact safely with dogs of all temperaments.
- Must be knowledgeable about common health problems in dogs and cats, and be able to recognize and communicate symptoms to pet owner and supervisor.
- Must be able to work outdoors for several hours, walking 5-7 miles per day in all types of weather.
- Must be reliable, honest, organized, flexible, and be able to work independently.
- Must have exceptional communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills and possess a great attention to detail.
- Must be able to hear and see the environment around you.
- Must be at least 21 years old with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have internet access and a working smartphone with data plan and GPS.
- Must have a reliable insured vehicle and valid drivers license, and be able to travel up to 50 miles per day.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
This is an employee position, not independent contractor. Pay is per visit performed. Employees average $14 – $18 per hour, plus gratuities. Visits are scheduled on an “as needed” basis. We do not guarantee any set number of hours per week.
Ideal candidates understand that our clients value their pets like family members. A commitment to consistently providing excellent service is essential. If this sounds like you, please apply below!