You are responsible for caring for the client’s pets while they are traveling. This position is on an “as needed” basis and you will not have a regular weekly schedule. Overnight Pet Sitters are required to sleep over at the client’s home while caring for their pets. Overnight hours are typically from 8pm to 8am, but 7pm to 7am is also acceptable. Full week availability is preferred, weekend availability is required.
Pet Sitter Responsibilities
- Walk dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments, up to 3 at a time.
- Provide affection and play to dogs, cats, and small animals.
- Perform wellness checks on each animal in the home and relay any concerns to the pet owner or company supervisor.
- Feed animals.
- Refresh water.
- Administer oral or topical medications as needed.
- Pick up pet waste.
- Scoop litter boxes.
- Clean up any accidents in the home.
- Clean small animal or reptile cages.
- Bring in mail.
- Water indoor or outdoor plants.
- Take out and bring in trash cans.
- Communicate with the pet owner about each visit via text message, email journal, or hand written note as specified by the client.
- Handle check payments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must live within a 30 mile radius of St. Charles, IL
- Must love animals of all shapes and sizes.
- Must be physically capable of and comfortable with handling dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
- Must have above average knowledge of dog behavior and body language, and be able to interact safely with dogs of all temperaments.
- Must be knowledgeable about common health problems in dogs and cats, and be able to recognize and communicate symptoms to pet owner and supervisor.
- Must be reliable, honest, organized, flexible, and be able to work independently.
- Must have exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills and possess a great attention to detail.
- Must be able to hear and see the environment around you.
- Must be at least 21 years old with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have internet access and a working smartphone with data plan and GPS.
- Must have a reliable insured vehicle and valid drivers license, and be able to travel up to 30 miles per day.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Pay is per visit performed. Pay for each overnight visit is $50. Any additional visits performed are commission based. Overnight visits are scheduled on an “as needed” basis. We do not guarantee any set number of jobs per week.
Ideal candidates understand that our clients value their pets like family members. A commitment to consistently providing excellent service is essential. If this sounds like you, please apply below!