This position requires you to board our clients dogs in your own home.
You would provide a safe and loving home environment for the fur children of our traveling clients, as well as perform tasks outlined by the client or supervisor. This will typically include walking the dogs in the neighborhood several times per day, providing play time and cuddles, and feeding and medicating the pets as specified.
You must be available Monday through Sunday for the duration of the pet sit. Availability during high travel seasons and holidays preferred.
- Walk dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments
- Provide affection and play to dogs
- Perform wellness checks on each animal and relay any concerns to the pet owner or supervisor.
- Feed animals.
- Refresh water.
- Administer oral or topical medications as needed.
- Communicate with the pet owner about each visit via text message, email journal, or phone call as specified by the client.
- Must live within a 10 mile radius of St. Charles, Illinois
- Preferably works from home so the dog doesn’t need to be crated all day.
- Active lifestyle – able to keep up with the exercise needs of puppies and young adult dogs.
- Clean, quiet, safe, dog friendly home environment.
- Pet free or reliably dog friendly pets.
- One client at a time. No other dogs boarding at the same time.
- Must love dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- Must be physically capable of handling dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
- Must have above average knowledge of dog behavior and body language, and be able to interact safely with dogs of all temperaments.
- Must be knowledgeable about common health problems in dogs and cats, and be able to recognize and communicate symptoms to pet owner and supervisor.
- Must be reliable, honest, organized, flexible, and be able to work independently.
- Must have exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills and possess a great attention to detail.
- Must be able to hear and see the environment around you.
- Must be at least 21 years old with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have internet access and a working smartphone with data plan.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
This is an employee position, not independent contractor. Pay is per day for pet sits performed, plus gratuities.
Pet sits are scheduled on an “as needed” basis. We do not guarantee any set number of pet sits per month. This is a very part time position to start, your work will increase as our business increases.
Ideal candidates understand that our clients value their pets like family members. A commitment to consistently providing excellent service is essential. If this sounds like you, please apply below!