Wild Things Pet Services is a professional dog training company providing in-home training to families in Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs. We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced dog trainer to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow their business with one of the leading dog training companies in the area!
Dog Trainer Responsibilities
- Establish the goals of our clients, assess the behaviors of the pet, and develop a plan for action.
- Train our clients and their pets based on the client’s goals.
- Applicant must be a certified dog trainer.
- Must be willing to go to client’s homes for one on one consultations and training.
- Must be willing to service Bartlett, Batavia, Elgin, St. Charles, and Wheaton.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional dog training experience. One on one dog training experience preferred, group training experience accepted.
- Must be versed in Operant and Classical Conditioning, Clicker Training, and Positive Reinforcement Training.
- Must have experience in puppy training, basic training, advanced training, off-leash training, and training problem behaviors including but not limited to aggression, reactivity, fear and anxiety.
- Must have a reliable vehicle with insurance.
- Must have a smart phone with data plan.
- Must be available evenings and weekends.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Pay based on experience.
- Employee and independent contractor opportunities available.